Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Introduction

My name is Caitlin Driver. I was born and raised in Janesville, Wisconsin and hadn't lived elsewhere until I transferred to UW Milwaukee last year. Now, I've figured out that I was made to have adventures, meet new people, travel, and will probably never return to live in Janesville again. I've recently come to another conclusion, and that is I love to bake. I'm sure it comes from the "maker" in me, but there's something so satisfying in the feeling of making something that tastes SO delicious, that everybody you give some to LOVES, and that takes as much time as you want it to take to look good, that makes me really like baking. I also really enjoy taking care of my house plants... It may sound weird, but I think it's the motherly instinct to have something survive under your control that makes it fun for me.


In the next five years I plan on graduating from UW Milwaukee with my bachelors degree in Jewelry and Metalsmithing as well as a degree in Art History. After I get those degrees my plan has two branches, depending on whether or not I feel the way I do now, I'm going to work towards my Masters, otherwise I'm planning to exile myself from the country to free my finances of student loans. So either way, I'll be in a good spot, learning or drinking tiki drinks on a island in a hammock. I've slowly realized in the last 3 years that it takes a lot to call yourself proficient in any subject, there is so much to learn, and at this point in time, I feel very novice in every aspect of my life... This is why I'm in school.



No comments:

Post a Comment