Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Visual Research: Sugar Series

"Statement pieces" if you will, runway fashion jewelry... In terms of form, the more the merrier seems to be a trend with the individual element, but over all the shape of everything is rather streamlined and simple. I like the organic shapes a lot more than the geometric, I also seem to be more drawn to the ones with subtle shift in color.




^
I like these solely because of the bulk of material. Also the idea that it's something other than a big gaudy set stone.



^
The transparency, slight gradients due to layers, softness... I love it.




^
The awareness of this necklace is nice, i like how it's simple but very dynamic at the same time, because of it's size and color.




^
I really like the colors in this one, it looks like she just walked out of the ocean and has sea plants stuck to her neck.



^
More interesting structures... I think I'm seeing a trend in the size of these pieces... they're not shy.






Alright, I'm thinking neon colors and the illusion of sparkle. Shiny and Seductive.


1 comment:

  1. Killer posts Caitlin! I'm loving all of your posts lately. This is exactly what I intended these blogs to be.

    ReplyDelete